Friday, November 17, 2006

A different meal ticket

I had a strange dream last night, but I saw some light in it after I woke up. So here it is for you...
-
I dreamt that I had gone on an excursion with all my school friends to some place. And for lunch, each one of us were handed a meal ticket to be exchanged for food at a cafetaria. The tour guide handed out new tickets, and the meal that could be availed for each was a `set of 6' meaning 6 different dishes which would make up a whole meal.
-
As soon as the tour guide began to hand them out, everybody rushed to the front and in the end almost all the tickets were gone, all except for 2 old, different meal tickets. One was for pizza and another was for a snack. I picked the pizza one, but was disgruntled by what I got, because I hadn't got what the others got. I was afraid that my stomach would not be full after eating it, and felt that it was unfair that I had to get this one while everybody else got to eat a `set of 6'.
-
I went to argue with the tour guide and tried to obtain the same ticket as everybody else's. But she argued that the pizza would be nice and wholesome and delicious to eat, and didn't see what I had to complain about. In the end I was stuck with, you guessed it, the pizza one.
-
When I woke up, I had sudden clarity...god gives everybody a chance to eat, a chance in life to express themselves, to fulfill themselves and attain wisdom. While most people get a certain meal ticket, some get a different type of one, but they get one all the same. It is a person's intelligence to know how to make the best of this different meal ticket. Perhaps god had a slightly different plan in life for me, and I will learn to accept the meal ticket happily :-)

No comments: