Saturday, December 02, 2006

School for the Gifted

I read somewhere that if you have a dream, share it with as many people as you can, so that they may check on you and make sure you achieve it! So here goes..

I've always loved to teach, and I love kids...so put the two together and you have `educating children'. I'm not interested in supporting causes for which I have no passion - so that eliminates my ever `giving at the office', i.e. blindly donating money to some random charitable organisation just when I'm in an altruistic mood.

I wish to follow a two-fold approach in achieving my dreams - starting a business which I'm passionate about, and simultaneously starting my charitable work. So a portion of the profits will be channeled directly into the charitable trust.

I want to start a `School for the Gifted' - focusing on children from down-trodden families and encouraging them to attain their highest potential. These children have nothing to lose, and everything to gain - so why not invest in them? Why not see possibility where their parents may see little?

In a country where the approach towards education is incredibly narrow and stifling, this could be an experiment in an alternative method of educating kids. Indian schools of today focus only on book knowledge, and this is where we differ tremendously from schools abroad.
Enriching the library, giving intelligent inputs, encouraging their creative pursuits, building up their self-esteem - these are just some of the ways in which we can do things differently.

Hope and courage is everything. The human spirit is indestructible - put them together and you can have a school where the world leaders of tomorrow may be nurtured. All are welcome into these school doors.

p.s. want to copy my idea? by all means!!! we need more of such schools. Alternatively, if you want to join me in implementing this project, leave your comment and email ID.

No comments: